Traffic: Added value by big data
More than one petabyte data is created week by week on the Providentia++ test field. They are needed as to distinguish cars from motorcycles and bicyclists, to recognize maneuvers, to analyze accidents and to simulate traffic.
1. July 2022 Since the beginning of research on the digital twin, AI specialist Cognition Factory GmbH has focused on processing camera data. In the meantime Dr. Claus Lenz has deployed a large-scale platform
1. July 2022 Expand the test track, deploy new sensors, decentralize software architecture, fuse sensor data for 24/7 operation of a real-time digital twin, and make data packets public: TU Munich has decisively advanced the Providentia++ research project.
11. May 2022 Elektrobit lays the foundation for Big Data evaluations of traffic data. Simon Tiedemann on the developments in P++.
10. April 2022 Data fusion, perception, and prediction were the three topics fortiss addressed in the Providentia++ research project. Bernhard Blieninger takes stock.
30. March 2022 For Lutz Eckstein, "the" future concept for mobility does not exist, but rather a juxtaposition of many approaches. The professor from RWTH Aachen in conversation.
15. February 2022 Yunex uses the data from the A9 testfield to investigate Time to Collision in more detail. A field report.
2. February 2022 Christian Creß looked at scientific publications on Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) with external infrastructure and analyzed about 350 worldwide publications and 40 test fields for automated and autonomous driving. The "Test Field A9" scientist from the Technical University of Munich concludes, "Germany is a hotspot in research."
15. November 2021 There are 24 test fields and 140 projects related to automated and connected driving in Germany. Hardly anyone knows them. Testfeldmonitor.de provides remedy.
6. August 2021 Expanding the A9 test section for autonomous and connected driving required a great deal of research and pragmatic decision-making. Now that it has been accomplished and the scientists are at work, we look back at eight challenges and their solutions.
20. February 2021 Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) with external infrastructure: 350 global publications and 40 test sites for automated and autonomous driving compared.
26. November 2020 The first sensor stations of the ACCorD project will go into operation in spring 2021. Test fields of the RWTH Aachen’s Institute for Automotive Engineering are set in the city, in the country, and on the highway. Traffic data will be sent to test vehicles and stored for research purposes.