Traffic: Added value by big data
More than one petabyte data is created week by week on the Providentia++ test field. They are needed as to distinguish cars from motorcycles and bicyclists, to recognize maneuvers, to analyze accidents and to simulate traffic.
1. July 2022 Since the beginning of research on the digital twin, AI specialist Cognition Factory GmbH has focused on processing camera data. In the meantime Dr. Claus Lenz has deployed a large-scale platform
1. July 2022 Expand the test track, deploy new sensors, decentralize software architecture, fuse sensor data for 24/7 operation of a real-time digital twin, and make data packets public: TU Munich has decisively advanced the Providentia++ research project.
11. May 2022 Elektrobit lays the foundation for Big Data evaluations of traffic data. Simon Tiedemann on the developments in P++.
28. April 2022 Researchers at Intel Labs are using the digital twin in the Providentia++ research project to develop a "Safety Guard" that improves road safety.
10. April 2022 Data fusion, perception, and prediction were the three topics fortiss addressed in the Providentia++ research project. Bernhard Blieninger takes stock.
30. March 2022 For Lutz Eckstein, "the" future concept for mobility does not exist, but rather a juxtaposition of many approaches. The professor from RWTH Aachen in conversation.
15. February 2022 Yunex uses the data from the A9 testfield to investigate Time to Collision in more detail. A field report.
6. July 2021 The external infrastructure plays an important role in compensating for sensor errors and making connected driving safer and more reliable. AI expert Dinu Purice from Providentia++ partner Cognition Factory is working on algorithms to improve reliability.
22. June 2021 The more sensors are integrated in a network such as Providentia++, the easier it is to find errors. Intel has developed a plausibility check for the roadside infrastructure monitoring sensors. Researcher Dr. Florian Geißler on identifying and excluding bad measurements.
26. February 2021 High-resolution road maps are a prerequisite for automated and autonomous driving. They provide vehicles with the framework in which they can move. 3D Mapping Solutions is measuring the streets with millimeter precision and creating HD maps for Providentia++.
10. December 2020 Providentia++ partner and Continental subsidiary Elektrobit collects data from the test section on the A9 highway, making it possible to identify and analyze special scenarios such as tailgating, merging, and passing. We talk to Simon Tiedemann of Elektrobit.
4. November 2020 Recognizing different vehicles digitally is a challenge in itself. Doing this in real time: even more so. Dr. Claus Lenz from Providentia++ partner Cognition Factory discusses meeting the challenge of identifying vehicles on the A9 highway.
26. September 2020 To find out how accurate the measurements of the digital twin are, fortiss and the DLR dispatched a helicopter with an integrated camera system. This allowed them to determine the exact position of the vehicles on the highway.
25. September 2020 With the help of the Providentia infrastructure and the additional sensor data associated with it, driver assistance systems are able to make more farsighted decisions than before. Dr. Jens Honer from automotive supplier Valeo answers our questions.